Paramhansa Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda shared beautiful teachings on the subject of giving.
“Teach us to spend for others’ necessities as happily and freely as we spend for our own real needs.
Teach us not to love Thy gifts and forget Thee, the Giver of all gifts.”
“Give to God, or to some good cause in His Name, a portion of whatever money you receive.”
- Tithing as a Lesson from Nature By Zach AbbeyNature teaches us many wonderful lessons at the farm each year. For example, every fall season, the leaves, branches, needles, and organic material of all kinds fall back to the […]
- Tithing as a FlowTithing is a surprisingly commonsense approach to dispelling fears around money or lack of money. It allows us to tap into a consciousness of abundance and being in the current […]
- How Does This Work?I began tithing years ago. At first, while raising a family, it was a strange concept (“What, give money away?”), but it somehow made sense, so I began, cautiously tithing […]
- A Spiritual Practice for MeI’ve been aware of the concept of tithing for most of my life. I thought that tithing meant giving some portion of whatever was left over at the end of the month, or […]
- It is More Blessed to GiveIn June 1976, a forest fire swept through the rustic Ananda World Brotherhood Village near Nevada City, CA and destroyed virtually all the modest homes of its residents. The […]
- Tithing TestimonialWhen I first started on this path, I wanted to experiment with tithing. This is one of Yogananda’s teaching about the flow of money and how to keep that flow […]