“Taking Raja was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
It was life changing! Just do it.”
Ananda’s Most Popular and Comprehensive Course!
At the Raja Yoga Intensive, you’ll learn how to meditate, and how to practice the yoga postures in the way they were originally intended: as a priceless aid to inner unfoldment. You’ll thrill to discover how the inspired wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita integrates with the a deeper understanding of the Judao-Christian heritage, and how the science of yoga comes to us through the timeless psycho-spiritual insights of the now famous Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (wherein is found the Eight-Fold Path known as Ashtanga Yoga).
The practical wisdom of Raja Yoga includes working with the subconscious mind to change habits and using breath work for release of tension and emotional blocks. The secrets of success — personal magnetism, right attitude, creativity, and energy — form an integral part of the yoga science. This course features the modern, now “classic” textbook by Swami Kriyananda, The Art and Science of Raja Yoga. There are no prerequisites. The course is open to all, whether new to these practices and concepts or wanting to deepen your practice and understanding, and to be with others who share your interest.
Ready to enroll?
Download the registration form (Sep. 2017) and read the preregistration-info-Sept-2017, then email, mail, or bring your completed forms in. You can then pay for the course online, over the phone 425-806-3700 , or in person at either of the Raja locations (Ananda Meditation Temple, or East West Bookshop).
Locations and Dates, Fall 2017
East West Bookshop in Seattle: 12 Tuesdays: September 5 through November 21, + a Saturday workshop on October 28th, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm in the Ananda Community in Lynnwood.
Ananda Meditation Temple in Bothell: 12 Thursdays: September 7 through November 30 (no class on Nov 23) + a Saturday workshop on October 28th, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm in the Ananda Community in Lynnwood..
Hatha Yoga segment (6 – 7:15 pm) includes: yoga postures(asanas), pranayama, affirmations, healing, diet, and yoga routines.
Raja Yoga segment (7:15 – 9 pm) includes: meditation practices using breath, mantra, pranayama, affirmation, chanting, visualization, and chakra exercises; philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s 8-Fold Path of Ashtanga Yoga; and the philosophy of Karma, Kundalini, astral and causal planes, cosmology, reincarnation, and much more.
- Costs: Tuition for the Raja Intensive is $475.00. If the yoga and meditation (“raja”) segments are taken separately, the cost is $200 for the yoga (6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.) and $300 for the raja (meditation/philosophy) segment (7:15 to 9 p.m., 9 p.m.). Text is purchased separately. (Note: Course & text integrate yoga and meditation and most students take both segments.)
- Prepay for the full course at least two weeks in advance of the first class and you will receive your text at the first class for free. $25 value.
Students taking the Intensive as their prerequisite, foundation course for teacher training have documentation fees of $20 (yoga) and $25 (meditaiton/raja), plus must already be enrolled in the Institute of Living Yoga ($50).
Register online or call 425-806-3700.
Download the registration form (Sep. 2017) AND preregistration-info-Sept-2017
Students will have online access to:
- Archival re-mastered recordings by Swami Kriyananda on the topics of the Raja textbook
- Chakra meditations by Savitri Simpson (“Chakras for Starters”)
- Access to the Raja-student’s website with a library for the art of “living yoga”
- Extras include mantras, special fasting and diets, and much more!
or call 425-806-3700
Articles from The Art and Science of Raja Yoga
If you are enrolled as a student in the Raja or Hatha Yoga Intensive Course, click here.