Enhance Your Personal Meditation Practice by Attending Group Meditations!
Both new and experienced meditators benefit from group meditations, which greatly amplify the power of each meditator’s efforts.
Group meditations are free, and Ananda Washington offers many opportunities during the typical week to meditate with others. All are welcome! Always best to check our website or call ahead in case of any schedule changes.
Blue Lotus Temple Bothell
23305 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA 98021, directions
- Tues through Fri, 12:00 p to 12:30 p.
- Sunday morning at 9:15 – 9:45 a, immediately before Sunday Service (at 10 a)
- A kirtan (group chanting) is one Saturday a month from 7 to 9 p at the Blue Lotus Temple in Bothell.
- Kirtan dates in 2020: Jan 18, Feb 15, Mar 14, Apr 11, May 16 and Jun 20. Includes up to an hour meditation at the end.
Ananda Community in Lynnwood
20715 Larch Way, Lynnwood, WA 98036, directions
- Weekdays, 6:45 to 7:45 a.
- Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8 to 9 a.
- Thurdays from 6 to 9 p at the Hansa Temple located at Ananda Community in Lynnwood (map of community). You may come to all or a portion of the time. Enter and exit quietly. Chant breaks at top of the hour.
Hansa Temple is at the back of the 5.5 acres of the Community. Follow the blue signs after you turn into the Community. The schedule will generally follow this pattern:
6 p.m. Open time for Energization Exercises, stretching and/or some yoga postures.
6:20 to 6:30 p. Opening prayer and chants, then silent meditation
6:55-7:05 Chanting (can be used to enter or exit quietly)
7:55-8:05 Chanting (can be used to enter or exit quietly)
8:55-9 p.m. Closing prayers.
Note to visitors: Restroom facilities are not in the Hansa building but are a short walk to the Community dining room. Take a look at the community map, or signs will show you the way or ask any helpful Community resident.
East West Bookshop in Seattle
6407 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115, directions
- Every Sunday morning from 9 am – 10 a. Doors open at 8:50 a
- Every Wednesday evening from 7 -7:45 p
Gathering with others to meditate adds uplifted energy to all. Ananda offers a meditation service at East West Bookshop every Sunday morning and Drop in Meditation on Wednesday evenings.
Sunday Morning Meditation Service
We start with prayer, chanting, affirmation or poetry, an inspirational talk; then 40 minutes of silent meditation. Doors open at 8:50 am, and we finish at 10 am. Come experience the power of silence. FREE.
Wednesday Evening Drop-in Meditation
We also offer Open Meditation sessions Wednesday evenings from 7 – 7:45 p. These meditations are FREE and open to all. No experience required and meditators from all traditions are welcome. A short period of guided instruction will be followed by a period of silent meditation.
Brookdale Senior Living in Monroe
15465 179th Ave SE, Monroe WA 98272, directions
- Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 11:30 am – 1 pm. Doors open at 11:15 a. Free/donation welcome.
- Hosted by Krysta Gibson (publisher, NewSpiritJournal.com) and other Ananda teachers.
- All are welcome! You are welcome to bring a vegetarian snack to share.