How you can help India battle COVID-19
We are living in unprecedented times, where millions of people every day are confronting extremely challenging circumstances created by the Covid-19 pandemic. At such times, spiritual support and friendship are of immense importance.
Praying for others is a dynamic way for us to open our hearts and minds to the healing energy within and around us, and to radiate this divine power to all those in need. Visit this page for more information about broadcasts, how to pray, and how to request prayers and include loved ones in the Astral Ascension ceremonies.
2. Donation by check -Please make checks payable to “Sewa International Inc, and mail to:
Sewa International Inc,
PO BOX 820867,
Houston TX 77282-0867
3. To donate online please go to https://sewausa.org/donate via PayPal or credit card/Debit card
- Go to www.sewausa.org/donate
- Choose Project as “COVID19 Support India”
- Choose Chapter (optional)
- Choose the type of payment
- Enter amount –option-Monthly Recurring donation
- Please note: if you don’t find your chapter you can write in the notes field.
Sewa International’s mission is to serve humanity in distress, aid local communities, run developmental projects for the underserved, and assist people in transformational change through the power of innovation by mobilizing partners, donors, and volunteers. We accomplish this mission by focusing our efforts on Disaster recovery, Family and child welfare, and, Promoting volunteerism.
Sewa has 43 Chapters across the US in 25 states.
Sewa International is guided by the Hindu principle — that the world is one family — Vasudaiva Kutumbakam”. Sewa has served, since its inception in 32 disaster recovery projects including, Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Harvey, California Wild Fires, and US COVID Relief 2020. See Sewa’s American Dharma Report on how Sewa with its partner organizations raised and disbursed $50 million just in the US for COVID in 2020.
Other than serving in the US and India, Sewa (which means ‘Service above Self’ in Sanskrit) serves or has served in: Bangladesh, Colombia, Guyana, Haiti, Iraq (Yazidis), Kenya, Japan, Mozambique, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Trinidad & Tobago.
Sewa International has for the past four years continuously scored the topmost 4-star rating from Charity Navigator – the premier nonprofit rating agency in the US. Sewa International has earned perfect scores in “Financial Stability,” and, “Accountability & Transparency” categories – one of the 11 organizations in the international category of over 23,000 organizations. Sewa International has been recognized by Charity Navigator– the premier non-profit rating agency – as the number five among the “10 Highly Rated Charities Relying on Private Contributions.”
In addition, Sewa has the highest rating in GuideStar (Platinum), BBB (Better Business Bureau), and Great Nonprofits (Top-Rated Nonprofit).
COVID Relief in India
Alarmed by the unprecedented surge of COVID infections and deaths in India, six days ago, Sewa International USA instituted a project “COVID India Relief.” The situation is dire, rapidly changing, and devastating.
- Sewa through its vast Disaster Relief network across India assembled an Infrastructure for Distributing Relief in India in 20+ Cities and 6 Metros with a future plan of expanding to semi-rural and rural areas. In particular, Sewa has set up
- Helpline to find ambulances, medical care, Hospital beds, relief, information. etc.
- Durable Medical Equipment and life-saving drugs: Oxygen Concentrators, Ventilators, pulse oximeters, etc.
- Quarantine homes for the infected who do not yet need hospital care. Sewa repurposed marriage halls, hotels, temples, and stadia for this purpose.
- Vaccination centers: Schools, Places of worship (Temple, Churches, and Mosques)
- Crematorium services
- Fundraising in the US
- The Facebook campaign raised $5.95 million from 83k donors (as of Apr 29, @ 5:40 pm) in 6 days
- Corporate & Foundation donations are over $2 million (Intel Foundation, Google Foundation, etc.)
- Intel donated $600k through an Employee matching program on Apr 28, which closed in 4 hours since the announcement as they reached the target.
- In-kind: One donor donated 5,000 Oxygen Concentrators valued at $2.5 million.
- Our High School youth raised through Venmo and giveButter raised over $200k.
- Transport Logistics
- UPS, a Sewa partner, is transporting 2,184 concentrators, from Sewa warehouse in Atlanta, GA , for free to India, on April 29. 2021.
- We are working with Air India to transport 5,000 Oxygen concentrators provided by a single donor.
- Press (sample)