1. 12:15 p.m. (Noon) meditations. The Blue Lotus Temple is a meditation sanctuary and nothing gives us greater satisfaction than to have people come there to meditate. From Tuesdays through Fridays, Nayaswamis Hriman or Padma and Rick Johnston or Nayaswami Nivritti will be on hand to meditate from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. with anyone who comes to the temple. (On Tuesdays and Fridays Hriman or Padma broadcast live their weekday noon “Whispers from Eternity” program noon until 12:15.) We ask that you wear your mask and we won’t chant aloud. Doors and windows will be open, so please dress warmly, as if you will be sitting outside.
2. The temple and offices will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m from Tuesday through Friday. The temple store will be open and the upstairs sanctuary available for private meditation. (The Yoga Hall will be closed.) Please come wearing your mask (unless meditating alone upstairs) and maintain a six-foot distance from staff and others.
3. SUNDAY SERVICE is open to everyone: 9 a.m. meditation and 10 a.m. Service. Please make note of:
* Please wear your mask at all times while in the building(s)
* In the sanctuary, chairs will be placed at least six feet apart. Couples sheltering in place may, of course, adjust your chairs to sit together.
* Sanitizing stations will be set up near the entrance doors.
* We ask that no singing or chanting aloud take place (soft or silent chanting with masks on ok)
* Singing and chanting will take place with designated vocalist(s) sitting apart
* Doors and windows will be open for fresh air; please dress accordingly, as if you will be outdoors!
* Seating on the outside, upper decks may be available as an option for you.
* Please DO NOT come if you are unwell or show any symptoms of illness
* We are unable to offer Sunday School for children (sorry)
* After-Service greetings are encouraged, particularly outside, but certainly with masks and distance. (Sorry, we cannot offer refreshments at this time.)
* In the 9 a.m. meditation, we will conduct the Vedic fire ceremony but NOT the Purification ceremony.
* In the 10 a.m. Festival of Light Service, there will NOT be the Touch of Light; instead, standing in place we will “take the light to the spiritual eye.”
* In the 10 a.m. Service our goal is to end by 11 a.m. (to minimize mask-wearing)
* We will continue (as we have in the past) to broadcast the service on Facebook and online.
* A reminder to our many friends that the nearby Ananda Community continues to shelter in place and while residents may have guests, the community itself is not open to the public or to the general Ananda membership at this time. This includes pool, dining room, and meditation room. Should you visit as the guest of a resident, please wear your mask and keep your distance.
We look forward to seeing our many friends in person. Blessings and thank you all for your continued support and participation online.
Nayaswamis Hriman, Padma and your many friends, staff and volunteers at Ananda!