- This event has passed.
ONLINE: Yogananda 100 Year Anniversary
September 19, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
A Century of Spiritual Awakening
Celebrating Paramhansa Yogananda’s Arrival to the United States in 1920
Around the world on this date, September 19, 2020, Ananda members and centers will be celebrating the 100-year anniversary of the day Paramhansa Yogananda arrived in Boston MA to begin a new life with a new spiritual family. Much has happened in this first one hundred years. Here’s how Ananda Seattle will celebrate the occasion on Saturday, September 19:
- 11 a.m. to 12 noon an online broadcast of inspiration and celebration
- We have talks by Ananda’s spiritual directors, Nayaswamis Jyotish & Devi
- There is a six-minute on-site video of the two places where in the summers of 1924, 1925 and 1933 Yogananda gave talks and classes in Seattle
- The video includes a visit the home of Yogananda’s most advanced woman disciple: Sister Gyanamata (Edith Bissett) on Capitol Hill.
- Audio clips of Yogananda speaking and Swami Kriyananda speaking about Yogananda
- We’ll have brief clips of local Ananda members citing the many contributions Yogananda made to bringing Sanaatan Dharma (universal spirituality) into the 20th
To watch this broadcast as it happens on that day, use one of these links:
Part 2 – Ananda Celebrates Around the World
Ananda Boston celebrates with a six-hour program, noon to 6 pm (PST). The keynote addresses, which include Murali Venkatrao, will be broadcast at 3.30 PST. See www.AnandaBoston.org Registration required; suggested donation, $20.
Ananda Village will have an evening program online 7:00pm to 9:00pm PS from the Temple of Light with Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi (will include a video that includes footage from our Ananda Communities focusing on Master’s visits to their region) plus special music. Here’s the link: https://vimeo.com/event/