Retreat – Healing Power of the Mind with Vahini Sleighter E-RYT 500 | YACEP
October 28 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm PDT
Saturday, October 28 at 9a to 4p (60 min lunch break).
$75 (Circle of Giving applies)
This retreat will be offered In Person and Online (using Zoom)
The quality of our life, health, happiness, our creative accomplishments all arise in our minds. As Yogananda says: “As soon as you understand that the mind controls everything, you will be completely free”.
Just as we have a daily food diet, we also have a mental diet that we are often not fully aware of! Thoughts and mental habits arise automatically, apparently by their own will. Even when we are not fully aware of them, they strongly affect our health, favoring or blocking the flow of healing cosmic energy which is always available to us but which we must learn to attract into our lives in a correct and effective way. We must begin, then, with becoming aware and mindful of our thoughts. Yoga Teachers receive 6 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance by attending this workshop.
In this retreat will introduce:
• How thoughts and words affect your emotions, your behavior, and your health
• Powerful techniques for creating constructive mental habits
• Energy recharge: 39 exercises that will bring prana directly to cells, muscles, tissues, and organs. Mindfulness requires a higher level of energy, especially in the brain.
• Exercises for a superconscious life: a series of 6 simple exercises that elevate our mental perspective and activate greater awareness. These are “quick start” techniques to banish subconscious programming and stimulate mental awakening.
• Pranic techniques for self-healing include using the breath to awaken energy and direct it into the brain and upper energy centers, asana, affirmations, visualization and mantra.
• Meditation techniques that concentrate the powers of the mind and calm emotional disturbances. We will focus on an effective concentration technique that brings peace and self-awareness. It is used with a powerful mantra.