- This event has passed.
ONLINE: Learn to Meditate Retreat: Concentration and Mindfulness
April 17, 2021 @ 10:30 am – 12:30 pm PDT
These retreats have been designed specifically for those who have taken one or more of the Learn to Meditate classes (or Fullness Series classes.) However, they are open to anyone with meditation experience.
Date: Saturday April 17
Location: Zoom until restrictions allow a hybrid of Zoom and in-person at the Ananda Blue Lotus Temple in Bothell
Cost: $25/class or all 5 in the series for $108
Class will include:
- Two guided meditations
- Review of basic meditation techniques
- Practices such as chanting, affirmations, and visualization
- Time for questions and answers
- Guidance for recharging your at-home practice
- Sharing of on-going support offered through Ananda
Concentration and Mindfulness
“Within my every breath is infinite power.”
Studies repeatedly have shown that meditation can improve concentration, mindfulness, memory, and clarity.
We will review:
*Sitting with a straight spine
*Relaxing the body
* The importance of uplifting the gaze
*The bio-feedback cycle established whereby the calm breath focuses the mind and the focused mind calms the breath
*Simple breath techniques – double breath, diaphragmatic breath
* Observing the breath with the ancient Hong Sau Technique
Sign up for April 17 retreat for $25 OR all 5 in the series for $108:
After completing your purchase, please check your email for the ZOOM LINK!