Exploring the Mysteries of Creativity through Art
July 8 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
“We aspire to make our lives works of art, whether through music,
through the visual arts or through the simple deeds of our daily existence,
with a view to expressing the bliss that is latent in our deeper selves.”
4 Saturday mornings, July 1, 8, 15 & 29 (skip 7/22), 10:30am – 12pm. $25/series OR $10/class.
In Hansa Temple at Ananda Community (20715 Larch Way, Lynnwood WA 98036)
In this 2nd Summer 4 week Art Series, we continue our exploration of the role of creativity in our lives and consider why creativity is so important on the spiritual path.
– We invite much class participation and discussion in this conversation.
– We will consider the part played by our feelings when we produce artwork.
– Can art uplift consciousness? How does this happen?
– Is there a higher purpose that art can serve? Swami Kriyananda has many ideas to share in his work Art as A Hidden Message.
– To start, we will look at the works of Fra Angelico (1395-1455) and Marc Chagall (1887-1985) and delve into their ideas and images to discover the secret message they were discovering and sharing.
-There will be an opportunity to share your own artwork, visual and word.
Join Robyn and Jamuna in the Hansa Temple at the Ananda Community for 4 Saturday mornings in July: 7/1, 7/8, 7/15 and 7/29 (7/22 is an important spiritual event) from 10:30am to 12 noon.
Robyn Mattis is a practicing artist and meditation teacher for Ananda.
Nayaswami Jamuna is a minister, decades long teacher, and practicing artist with Ananda
Cost: $25/series OR $10/class