- This event has passed.
East and West: “How the Twain Met”
May 22, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT
Nayaswamis Hriman & Padma are guests together with Ananda musicians on Saturday, May 22 at 11 a.m., at Unity in Lynnwood for a joyful, informative, and inspiring sharing of the underlying unity of East and West as expressed by Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic, “Autobiography of a Yogi.”
Let us compare, side-by-side, the teachings of Krishna and Christ in this fascinating revelation from the East:
• “Christ” and “Kristna” are etymologically related titles meaning “The Anointed One”
• The concept of the holy Trinity is found in Indian ancient texts and is NOT Brahma, Vishnu & Shiva…tune in for the correct answer!
• The indigenous name for Hinduism is Sanatan Dharma: the Eternal Religion. It precedes the appearance of Hinduism as one of the many “isms.”
• What is meant by the term “Second Coming of Christ”?
• The concept of “only begotten” is not limited to one man, one body, one life!
• Did Jesus die for our sins? What is the meaning of his sacrifice? How does the Hindu concept of Yagya compare to this?
• What is “If Thine eye be single thy whole body shall be filled with light” a reference to?
• Did Jesus believe in reincarnation? (Quoting his words, you’ll be surprised.)
• Is it a coincidence that Krishna, too, said “I am the Way, the Life, and the Truth” centuries before Jesus? What was their meaning?
• How Revelations and the Yogic inner science go hand-in-hand
• “And to as many as received Him to them gave He the power to become the sons of God!” Let’s deep-dive into this rich statement!
• Should we look to theologians and scholars for the source of right understanding?
• What is the WORD of God? A book?
• What is the missing piece in all scriptures?
We will use music, song and guided meditations to experience the universal Christ/ Krishna consciousness within and in all creation!
Registration is open for anyone wanting to attend in person. Here is the link to register: https://uil.breezechms.com/form/8d727776
Live stream will be available on both the Unity in Lynnwood Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Unity-in-Lynnwood-262871230413057 or the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UnityInLynnwood