IN PERSON: Drawing as a Spiritual Practice
September 10 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT
Saturday, September 10th, 10 am – 12 pm, $20
at Ananda Community, Hansa Temple, 20715 Larch Way, Lynnwood 98036
Let’s explore the practice of drawing from our spiritual center. The focus it requires brings us into the present moment. To start our drawing journey we will practice exercises to help us shift into the drawing mode. Once we feel the shift we will take our own sketchbooks and 2B pencil outside or set up a still life and begin to experience the joy of “presence and awareness” that drawing gives us. The journey is launched under the practiced eye of Robyn.
As the artist Frederick Franck (The Zen of Seeing) says “when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is, a sheer miracle”.
In this Workshop we will:
1. Do a Guided Meditation to become calm and centered.
2. Discuss how to shift into the drawing mode (or right side) of the brain.
3. Practice warm-up exercises to shift into drawing mode.
4. Take our sketchbooks outside and draw something beautiful in nature (weather permitting) or
draw a still life of flowers and plants inside.
5. Be inspired to draw in our sketchbooks in our daily lives to become peaceful and centered.
Supplies: Please bring your own sketchbook that is any size you like and a 2B pencil with an eraser.
Presented by Robyn Mattis.