Hatha Yoga Classes
Ananda Yoga is the name we call the hatha yoga style offered at Ananda centers around the world. Hatha yoga bestows physical strength, relaxation, inner peace, and clarity of mind. Our meditative and individual approach makes Ananda Yoga suitable for beginning and intermediate students.
Offered both in Seattle and in Bothell. See schedule below.
Ananda Yoga includes:
- Asanas (classic yoga postures)
- Pranayama (traditional raja yoga breathing and energy-control techniques)
- Effective meditation & centering techniques
- Yoga philosophy applied to daily life
Ananda Yoga is gentle for beginning students and becomes gradually more challenging as the student gains experience and chooses to expand his or her boundaries. It is inwardly directed toward self-awareness and by this emphasis is not competitive or pushy.
Ananda Yoga classes emphasize:
- Safety and correct alignment
- Relaxation, even during effort
- Working with the body’s energy for harmony and balance
- Using the postures to refine self-awareness and experience inner peace and joy
- Modifying each yoga posture to fit the needs of each student
What Makes Ananda Yoga Unique?
- Energization Exercises- The Energization Exercises were developed by Paramhansa Yogananda. Their effect is both immediate and long-term, for their purpose is to increase the amount of vitality and energy drawn into the body by concentration and will power, sensitively applied. Their benefits are numerous and include enhanced health, accelerated healing, emotional balance, concentration and self-control, positive attitude, and will power. They serve as excellent warm-ups for hatha yoga and for meditation.
- Affirmations - Each yoga posture is paired with its own affirmation, which one practices silently while in the posture. The affirmation is designed to reinforce the posture’s natural effect on one’s state of consciousness, bringing the mind actively and directly into one’s practice.
What is the lineage and tradition of Ananda Yoga?
Ananda Yoga comes from the renowned Raja and Kriya Yoga tradition of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of Autobiography of a Yogi.
Yogananda was the first great master of yoga to make his home in the West. Ananda Yoga arose from his training of close disciples and was later developed from Yogananda’s core principles into the system of Ananda Yoga by his direct disciple, Swami Kriyananda, the founder of Ananda.
|Thursdays||10:30 am||Hailey||4:15 pm||Michelle|
Costs for Ananda Yoga Classes
East West Bookshop of Seattle drop-in classes:
$10 per class or purchase a prepaid pass for $8 each for 10 classes. Please pay at East West Bookshop
Ananda Temple in Bothell drop-in classes:
$14 per class or purchase a prepaid pass:
- $12 ea. for 4 classes
- $11 ea. for 8 classes
- $10 ea. for 12 classes
- $9 ea. for 26 classes