Awaken Your True Potential:
The Wisdom of Yogananda with Swamis Jyotish & Devi
Friday, June 9 at 7 pm & Saturday, June 10 at 10:30 am
Awaken Your True Potential
Wisdom of Yogananda
Friday, June 9, 2017
7 – 9 pm
Center for Spiritual Living
5801 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle
Admission is $15 for the evening program alone
Living in Freedom
Guided Meditation Workshop
Saturday, June 10, 2017
10:30 am – 2:30 pm (Includes lunch)
Ananda Meditation Temple, 23305 Bothell-Everett Hwy, Bothell
Admission is $45 for the Saturday workshop alone
About the Event
AWAKEN YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL is an event to affirm and honor the rising tide of hope for a better world through the power of meditation. Our keynote speakers will be the spiritual directors of Ananda worldwide: Swamis Jyotish and Devi Novak from Ananda Village, CA.
Joining them in leading us in concluding prayers, affirmations and meditation will be local interfaith leaders Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, and
Reverend Michael Ingersoll.
The Friday evening event is held at the Center for Spiritual Living on Sandpoint Way and will feature:
- A yoga “performance” choreographed by Murali Venkatrao, yoga teacher director at Ananda in Bothell.
- Songs of Divine Joy performed by Ananda singers and musicians.
- Keynote talks by Swamis Jyotish and Devi sharing counsel and insights on how to live from one’s center, to know one’s higher self, and to be the change we wish to see in the world.
- “Be-The-Change” meditation will be offered by Swamis Jyotish and Devi, Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, and Center for Spiritual Living’s beloved Reverend Michael Ingersoll.
- This program is for all who are sincere in seeking to “know Thy Self” and to “Be the Change” we seek in the world, uniting all regardless of religion, race, or creed in meditation, joy, strength and courage.
The following day, Saturday, June 10, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. will be a guided meditation retreat with Swamis Jyotish and Devi. It will be held in Bothell at the Ananda Meditation Temple at 23305 Bothell-Everett Hwy and it includes lunch.
Swamis Jyotish and Devi are the spiritual directors of Ananda Worldwide. Ananda has active centers, retreats, schools, farms and publications throughout the world. Ananda has six locations locally:
- Ananda Meditation Temple and Yoga Hall in Bothell
- East West Bookshop in Seattle
- Living Wisdom School (preschool through grade 8) in Lynnwood
- Living Wisely Thrift and Gift (which supports the school)
- Ananda Community (residential intentional community in Lynnwood)
- Ananda Farm on Camano Island (permaculture produce and products)
Meet Jyotish and Devi
Swamis Jyotish and Devi are spiritual teachers and divine friends to thousands of devotees and seekers around the world. They are the spiritual directors of Ananda Worldwide, and disciples of the great Indian Master Paramhansa Yogananda for nearly 50 years. Their lifetime of service and devotion shine with the wisdom of Yogananda and the ancient science of yoga, meditation, and Self-Realization. As Swamis of the Nayaswami order and Kriyacharyas, disseminating the path of Kriya Yoga, they are exceptional public speakers, authors of many books, and travelers throughout India, Europe, and America sharing their experience and insights on the path of Life.
Tune into their weekly inspirational blog at http://www.jyotishanddevi.org/touch-of-light/
“God is calling us now to build our own spiritual power. Let’s grasp this opportunity with energy and enthusiasm, and understand that it’s the dharma we chose for this incarnation.”
– Swami Devi