East Meets West Fest - Free
Saturday, July 14, 2018 ~ 2-6pm Fest 6-8pm Keynote Bastyr University ~ 14500 Juanita Drive Northeast, Kenmore, WA
East West Bookshop and Ananda Sangha of Seattle invite you to celebrate the best of East and the West in this meeting of the hearts and minds at Bastyr University with guest speakers Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, Rev. Michael Ingersoll, and author Phillip Goldberg. Ananda's worldwide spiritual directors, Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi Novak, authors of Touch of Joy, will give the keynote address.
Beginning at 2 pm there will free workshops and vendor booths including:
- Farm fresh produce and herbal products
- Handmade crafts
- Yoga and meditation workshops
- Healing technique workshop
- Education for life: raising happy, healthy, balanced children
- Talks and workshops by our guest speakers (see above)
- Kirtan (chanting)
- Guided nature walking meditation
- Vegetarian dishes offered by Bastyr Cafe
- Celebration program begins at 6 pm and includes inspirational talks, music, narrated yoga demonstration and guided meditations led by the guest speakers.
Ananda Sangha of Seattle is centered at the Ananda Meditation Temple in Bothell and offers classes in yoga, meditation, and the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda (author of the classic story, Autobiography of a Yogi). Ananda Sangha is part of a worldwide network of intentional communities, retreat and meditation centers, and affiliated enterprises such as, in the greater Seattle area, East West Bookshop, Ananda Farms on Camano Island, Living Wisdom School in Lynnwood, Ananda Community in Lynnwood.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call us. 425 806-3700.
Swamis Jyotish & Devi Novak